Grab some Hot Cocoa and get ready to make these fun Marshmallow Ornaments with your friends! Simply add a sequin & mini marshmallow to a Corsage Pin. Then press each pin into a Styrofoam Ball until completely covered. Sequins “sparkle” under your Christmas Lights. No one would ever guess they are made with real marshmallows! This is a super fun group craft. These marshmallow ornaments will last for years and you will always remember making them. Get started making Christmas Memories with these fun handmade ornaments!
Optional: Clear Spray Paint
Directions for Making Marshmallow Ornaments:
1) Add a 8mm Sequin & Mini Marshmallow to a Corsage Pin.
2) Press Corsage Pin into 3″ Styrofoam Ball. The stickiness from the marshmallow works as glue and holds the marshmallow in place.
3) Continue steps 1 and 2 making sure to cover all of the styrofoam ball.
4) Cut a piece of Ribbon to about 8 1/2″ and make a loop. Attach pin to ribbon.
5) Press pin with ribbon into center of Styrofoam Ball. Add Marshmallows around ribbon to secure and hide the end of the ribbon.
6) The Marshmallow Ornament looks great if you attach the sequins in random order. Try not to put the same colors next to each other. Takes about 1 hour per ornament.
Optional: Spray with Clear Spray Paint when finished.
Update: It’s been nearly 2 years since we made this blog post and are happy to report our Marshmallow Ornaments are still looking great!
Use a 2″ Styrofoam Ball for a smaller ornament:
Use different size sequins
Make with all one color sequins
Make with Pastel Mini Marshmallows
Add a 5mm Sequin & a Spoke Sequin
Find these great supplies for your next Craft Day at: www.craftsuppliesforless.com