“Candy” Bottle Cap Magnets
Melt Makit & Bakit Crystals in Chrome Bottle Caps, Place in Clear Plastic Sleeve, Tie Ends with Ribbon, & Attach a 1″ Adhesive Craft Magnet for perfect “Candy Like” Magnets! Make a great Valentine’s Day Craft!
- Makit & Bakit Baking Crystals
- Chrome Bottle Caps (without liners)
- Clear Plastic Sleeves
- 1/4″ Sheer Ribbon
- 1″ Adhesive Craft Magnet
- Foil or Pie Tin
- Oven for melting crystals
Directions for Making “Candy Like” Magnets
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees. If using a convection oven, preheat to 350 degrees.
2) Place 3) empty Bottle Caps (ones without liners) on a small 6×12″ piece of Foil. Start by placing a layer of Makit & Bakit Baking Crystals on the inside of the bottle cap making sure there aren’t any gaps or empty spaces. Once the bottom layer has covered the bottle cap, fill about 3/4 of the way full with crystals.
IMPORTANT: Just filling the bottle caps with Makit & Bakit Crystals will cause gaps/ spaces in the bottom layer. These spaces will create bubbles once melted! Make sure to fill in the bottom layer first!
3) Carefully transfer foil to oven. You can add additional caps to the foil once you have it transferred it to the oven. However, use caution! We did try using a baking sheet, however, the crystals didn’t melt as well. Foil worked the best. An inexpensive pie tin would work as well.
4) Bake for about 25-30 minutes. Check every 10-15 minutes to make sure the crystals are melting. When done they should look like this:
5) Let cool completely! Once completely cooled, cut clear plastic sleeves to 3 3/4″ long. Slide “Candy” Magnets into plastic sleeve and center. Twist ends around bottle cap.
6) Once ends are twisted, cut 1/4″ Sheer Ribbon into 4-5″ pieces. This will seem long, however, having the extra ribbon will help tie! Tie ribbon around each end & trim excess.
7) Flip Bottle Cap over and attach a 1″ Adhesive Craft Magnet to the back of bottle cap.
8) That’s it! Give as gifts, trade, or sell! Here are a few more pics:
Leave us a comment below! Tell us what you think and we will email you a discount coupon for these and other great craft supplies at www.craftsuppliesforless.com!
Thank you so much for this spectacular entry.