Who would have ever guessed that you could make these simple Butterfly and Flower Bookmarks with only a few foam shapes and some elastic cord??? You can and they are super easy! Simply use a hole punch on craft foam shapes (we used 2 Butterflies and a Flower Foam Shape) and then thread elastic cord through the holes. Tie cord around any size book for the perfect fit and you’ll have a bookmark that will last the entire time you are reading. Create a few of these unique bookmarks for a book club, as a kids craft, or for your next craft party!
Directions for Making Butterfly & Flower Bookmarks:
1) Choose a book & cut Elastic Cord long enough to wrap around pages. Make sure to cut a little extra for tying the knot when finished.
2) With a 1/8″ Hole Punch (included in the kit) make 2 holes in the center of each butterfly shape. This is where you will thread the elastic cord through.
3) Continue hole punching all butterfly & flower shapes as shown below.
4) Thread Elastic Cord through the holes. Space the craft foam shapes evenly in the center of the cord.
5) Place the butterfly and flower shapes and cord inside book. Next flip the book over. Tie the elastic cord relatively tight around book. Trim off any excess cord. If you prefer, you can pull the knot to the top of the book and rearrange the shapes.
5) That’s it! Time to read & save your page!
Our Butterfly and Flower Bookmark Kit includes everything needed (including the 1/8″ Hole Punch) to make 10 Bookmarks. That’s only .75 each!
We have tons of different Foam Shapes! Use Hearts, Stars, Frogs, Fish, Footprints, Hand Prints, or Trains (just to name a few) to create your own look.
Personalize Foam Shapes with any permanent marker or Foamies Markers.
Hole Punch all the way around shapes & lace before threading thru elastic.
Other Bookmark Supplies we carry.