Make these easy Clothespin Magnets with clothespins, scraps of pattern paper, Mod Podge, Neo Magnets & a few embellishments! Perfect for displaying Valentine’s, Photos, Cards, Shopping Lists, and School Papers and the refrigerator. Embellish Clothespin Magnets with Foam Hearts, Buttons, & More. Choose Black, White, Natural or any color clothespins for these easy magnets. Cut strips of Scrapbook Paper to match and use Mod Podge to add to the top of the clothespin. Make this craft at home but no one will know! These Clothespin Magnets make great gifts too.
Directions for making Clothespin Magnets:
1) Cut scrapbook paper into small 3/8 x 3 1/4″ strips. For an exact fit on the clothespin, we trimmed the paper into 3/8″ strips, lined up the clothespin, and cut to the exact length.
2) Apply Mod Podge to top of clothespin with small foam brush. The entire top of the clothespin needs to be covered with Mod Podge so the paper will adhere securely.
3) Allow to dry for a few minutes. Then brush top of paper with Mod Podge. Allow to dry and re-apply an additional coat. It only takes about 15 minutes for the Mod Podge to dry. The Mod Podge will be completely clear once dry.
4) While the Mod Podge dries, assemble various embellishments for the clothespins. Add embroidery floss to buttons, attach buttons to foam hearts, and make pony bead flowers.
5) Attach embellishments to clothespin about 1″ from the closed end (over the in-set wire on top of clothespin) with E6000 and allow to dry.
6) Once dry, flip clothespin and attach 1) 8mm Neo Magnet or a Mini Ceramic Magnet to the back about 1″ from the top of the clothespin (the opposite end of the embellishment) with a small amount of E6000.
Important: Keep the Neo Magnets away from the coil on the clothespin when attaching & from each other while drying. Even though they are only 8mm they are super strong magnets!
Use Clothespins as Valentine’s Holders! Clip Foam Hearts, flip Clothespin, and stand upright on desk:
- Great Classroom Activity!
- Clip Valentine’s to clothespins and attach to Valentine’s Bags.
- Use White, Multi, or Natural Wood Clothespins
- Great way to use up those Scrapbook Paper Scraps!
- Perfect for filing cabinets and refrigerator magnets!
- Clothespin with Neo Magnet & Mini Ceramic Magnets will hold multiple papers, photos, shopping lists, school work, & love notes!!!
- Make with Pink Paper and Natural Clothespins:
- Pattern Scrapbook Paper
- Mod Podge & Foam Brush
- 8mm Neo Magnets or Mini Ceramic Magnets
- Embellishments: Buttons, Embroidery Floss, Foam Hearts, Pony Bead Flowers