Why shop around for colored glass gems to match your next event, party, or wedding when you can make any color gem you need with Clear Glass Gems & Nail Polish??? To make these Nail Polish Gems, simply paint the back of Small or Large Clear Glass Gems with your favorite color and let dry!!! Display colored gems on mirrors or use to fill vases. You can even paint the top of the gem! Best of all there are no brushes to clean!
If you need 100’s of colored gems for a wedding or event, make some coffee and get your friends together! It takes less than a minute per gem to cover the back with polish and some drying time. Easy clean up too! Fun for young and old. Such a great group craft!
Directions for Making Colored Glass Gems:
1) Clean both sides of Clear Glass Gems. Also, be sure to protect table or counter top with paper towels, wax paper, or old tablecloth.
2) Flip gem over and paint entire back of gem. Hint: Apply 1 heavy coat of nail polish to the back of the gem. The more polish on the brush the better (the opposite of how you paint nails)! Don’t brush the side against the bottle. The extra polish will provide better coverage. When gem is dry and flipped back over, the entire gem willl look like it has been painted! Gems shown are painted with just 1 coat of polish on the back.
3) Allow gems to completely dry. Then, flip over to reveal your new Colored Glass Gems!! Match event, party, or wedding colors easily! Best of all, NO BRUSHES to clean!
4) Great for displaying on mirrors.
5) Make Nail Polish Gems into Jewelry by adding pin backs or tie tacks. Or try a magnet! Here is a link: http://www.inspire-create.com/blog/glass-gem-jewelry/
More Ideas: Paint top of glass gems too! Add flowers, dots, stripes, initials, & more!
*We found that more expensive nail polishes covered gems better in 1 coat. A few of our favorites were: essie & Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear.
Please share your creations on our facebook page at: www.facebook.com/craftsuppliesforless