Using inexpensive Clear Bent Acrylic Frames, Scrapbook Paper, Post it Notes, and a few Painted Small Glass Gems, you can make these fabulous Fall Gifts! We made two options (vertical with a Fall Poem and horizontal with stickers). These are the perfect gift to give to friends and family on Thanksgiving. This post it note frame doubles as a great fall decoration for your home. Looks great on desks or in the kitchen for all those quick reminder notes we need. Such a fun and festive post it note holder! Makes a great teacher gift too! Show thankfulness this Fall by giving this great gift others will enjoy!
Just a few supplies needed~
- Bent Acrylic Frames 5×7 Vertical or 7×5 Horizontal
- 1/2″ Craft Glue Dots
- Small Clear Glass Gems
- Post it Note Pack
- Letter Stickers
- Assorted Nail Polish
- Scrapbook Paper
- Optional: Fiskars Paper Trimmer & a Poem about Fall
Directions for Making Fall Acrylic Frames with Post it Notes:
1) What make’s these frames so unique is the sparkling gems in the corner! Start by painting the backs of Small Clear Glass Gems with a glitter nail polish. We used a clear polish with gold glitter. One coat will do the trick. While the gems dry (it doesn’t take long) you can assemble the rest of the frames (scroll down for directions).
2) Once the first coat of glitter polish is dry, paint over the glitter (on the back of the gem) with the color of nail polish you would like the gem to be. We used a metallic orange, yellow, and blue. Apply a heavy coat of color nail polish and you shouldn’t need a second coat. Let dry completely.
Here is how the glass gems turned out:
Directions for the Vertical Frame with Poem or Photo at Top:
Now for assembling the frames! Below there are 2 options for you to choose from. First, we made a Vertical 5×7″ Bent Acrylic Frame using a Poem (created by my daughter who loves to write rhymes) and adding the post it note pack below the poem. You can use our poem*, write your own, or add a photo (kids photos are great for grandparents and family member gifts) to the top of the frame!
1) Begin by cutting a piece of scrapbook paper to fit inside the 5×7″ bent acrylic frame. We used a Fiskars Paper Trimmer to cut the paper.
2) Type a Poem* and cut a colorful piece of scrapbook paper to “frame” the poem. *You may use our poem (as long as you give us credit as the source), create your own, or use a photo at the top of the frame. Here is our poem:
Changing Leaves and Pumpkin Pies.
Let’s be Thankful guys!
Orange and Brown.
Scarves and Boots on the Town.
Coffee, Cider, Football (nice and loud),
always brings a crowd!
3) Attach the poem or photo about 1″ from the top of the scrapbook paper with a few Glue Dots. To create a frame for the post it note pack as well, cut a 3 1/2 x 3 1/2″ square piece of colored scrapbook paper and attach it to the scrapbook paper with a glue dot below the poem. Make sure to attach this paper where you want the post it note pack to be on the acrylic frame. Then slide the scrapbook paper and poem inside the bent acrylic frame.
4) Using Glue Dots, secure the 3×3″ Post it Note Pack on the top of the Bent Acrylic Frame (centered on the frame and about 1/2″ from the bottom). This is done by adding 3 Glue Dots directly to the post it note pack and firmly pressing the pack into the frame. To get the glue dots onto the back of the post it note pack, just place the Glue Dot roll onto the pack and release. The Glue Dots will be attached to the back of the pack and ready to attach to the frame.
5) Now it is time to attach our AMAZING sparkly Glass Gems to finish the frame! Below you will see how the Gold Glitter Nail Polish with the Metallic Orange turned out!
Simply stick each glass gem to a 1/2″ Craft Glue Dot on the roll and then attach the gem to the corners of the acrylic frame!
6) That’s it for the frame with the poem. Here is how it turned out:
Directions for the 7×5″ Horizontal Bent Acrylic Frame with Stickers:
For our 7×5″ Horizontal Bent Acrylic Frame, follow the directions above for painting the gems, cutting the scrapbook paper, attaching the post it note pack, and the gems. The main difference is adding stickers instead of a poem or photo. Below we added the stickers to the top and bottom of the frame, spelling “Give Thanks“. We then added 3) small painted glass gems (yellow, orange, and a blue) in the lower left corner, 1) sparkly orange gem in the upper right corner, and a pack of post it notes off centered on the frame. Here is how the horizontal frame turned out:
These are great gifts for kids to make for grandparents and family members (especially with photos), teachers, and neighbors. Such a creative way to hold Post it Notes and who doesn’t use a ton of these? Best of all they are inexpensive gifts! Make for other holiday’s and events. Just change the colors for Christmas (paint gems with red, green, and white nail polish) and use Christmas Scrapbook Paper instead of fall colored paper. Or you can make to match colors in your home!
Just for fun and since I had the camera out… Here is a picture of Daisy & Buckeye’s contribution to this post. Not sure they could get any cuter~
We think it’s the Painted Glass Gems that make this such a great finished frame! Can’t wait to hear what you think!!! Post a comment below and we will send you a coupon you can use to purchase the supplies needed to make your own frames~
Shop for Acrylic Frames, Glass Gems, and More at: www.craftsuppliesforless.com