If we had to sum up this Lacing Heart Craft in only a few words it would be “simple, cute, & fun for all ages”. These hearts are perfect for kids to create and there won’t even be a mess when they are done! Gotta love crafts like that… Great “Make & Take” kids craft (no drying time required). Add a loop for hanging hearts on a branch in a vase (adorable), attach a thin ceramic magnet to the back and display on a refrigerator, or add to gift bags. Personalize Lacing Hearts with Sharpie Markers and give as gifts for Valentine’s Day. These Lacing Hearts are sure to be just as much fun to make as they are to give away!
- Lacing Heart Shapes
- Elastic Cord
- Foam Heart Shapes
- Mini & 1/2″ Glue Dots
- Optional: Large Thin Ceramic Magnets & Sharpie Markers
Directions for Making Lacing Hearts:
1. Using an opened up paperclip (or other item of your choice), push out the pre-punched foam holes around the Lacing Heart Shape.
2. Cut 3 feet of Elastic Cord (we used White), however, elastic cord is available in a variety of colors. Begin at the back of the top of the heart and loop all the way around the heart. No needle is required if you use elastic cord for lacing! Tie the ends of the cord together when finished lacing.
3. Attach a medium size Wispy Heart Foam Shape to the left side of the Lacing Heart Shape with a 1/2″ Glue Dot. Then add a Small Heart Shape in another color.
4. Next, attach a Small Button to the center of the heart shape with a Mini Glue Dot.
6. Or attach a Large Thin Ceramic Magnet to the back of the heart shape with a 1/2″ Glue Dot for an instant Heart Magnet!
Can personalize Lacing Hearts with any permanent marker. We recommend Sharpie Markers. Allow ink to dry a few seconds to avoid smearing across craft foam. Add the date, a name, words, mini hearts, dots, and more!
Lacing Hearts are available in Red, White, & Purple. Shop Now.
Watch “How to Video” on our You Tube channel: Watch Now
Please comment below & share your ideas with us on our facebook page!