Here is another inspired twist on our “Hearts can Grow on Trees” post… Magnetic Heart Trees! As easy as 1, 2, 3… 3 easy steps that is. First, attach Adhesive Craft Magnets to the backs of hearts and tree trunk shapes. Simply peel and stick magnets to the foam shapes. Second, add Buttons to Hearts (this step is optional). Lastly, attach the Tree Trunk Magnet to any magnetic surface (refrigerator, filing cabinet, magnetic memo board, etc) and add hearts to the tree branches in any order you would like! Heart Magnets can be used to teach patterning, spelling, and/or to entertain children as they create their own Magnetic Heart Trees. Young children may place all the hearts on one branch, however, that is what is so fun about this craft! No matter how you use these Magnetic Heart Trees they are sure to be worth creating.
- Small Heart Shapes
- Foam Tree Trunk Shapes
- Adhesive 1/2″ Round Craft Magnets
- Optional: Small Buttons & Mini Glue Dots
- Magnetic Board or Surface
Directions for Making Magnetic Heart Trees:
2. Attach 2) Adhesive 1/2″ Craft Magnets to the Tree Trunk Shape (one magnet at the top of the trunk and one near the bottom).
3. This step is optional, however, the hearts are really adorable with small buttons in the center. If you choose to attach buttons to the hearts, use Mini Glue Dots and there is no mess or drying time needed.
Now it’s time to be creative and make a few Magnetic Heart Trees! It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3. Hearts can be placed anywhere on the tree branches. These can be used for teaching patterns, words, or just for fun (great way to entertain small children)! Use for Valentine Decorations on the refrigerator, file cabinet, or any magnetic surface. Enjoy!
Share your creations or tell us what you think (comment below)! Post pictures to our Facebook page at: www.facebook.com/craftsuppliesforless
Shop for Hearts, Tree Trunks, Magnets, and More at: www.craftsuppliesforless.com