These Yellow Star Ornaments are super easy to make and will SHINE bright on your tree! Made with Foam Star Shapes, Sharpie Markers, Sheer Ribbon, and a few mini star Buttons. There is no cutting or drying time required, making these ornaments a perfect Sunday School or Classroom Craft. Simple, light-weight, and great for Winter Festivals too! We wrote “Shine like STARS in the sky” and “Shine Bright like STARS” on our star ornaments, however, you could write your party theme or slogan. Personalize with the year and child’s name. These star ornaments are sure to SHINE on your Christmas Tree this holiday season!
- Foam Star Shapes (6mm thick w/ pre-punched hole at top)
- Sheer Ribbon
- Sharpie Markers
- Mini Buttons
- Mini Glue Dots
Directions for Making Star Ornaments:
1) Begin by writing “Shine like STARS in the sky” Philippians 2:15, “Shine Bright like STARS”, or personalize with your own saying in the center of the yellow star shape with a Ultra Fine Point Black Sharpie. Then draw short lines and dots around the edge of the star ornament. A few dots in the center around the words are cute too!
2) The star ornament shape comes with a pre-punched hole at the top for the ribbon. Since the opening is so small, we used the end of a paperclip to “press” the ribbon through the hole. A large plastic children’s needle would work as well. Once ribbon is through the hole, tie the two ends of the ribbon together for hanging the ornament.
3) To finish the Star Ornament, we attached Mini Star Buttons with Mini Glue Dots. Glue Dots are clear and bond instantly to the foam. There is no drying time required, which makes this ornament a great make and take craft for any holiday party!
- Add the year and child’s name to the front or back of the ornament.
- Star ornaments can be finished on both sides.
- Use Rhinestone Jewels instead of mini buttons.
These ornaments will last for years and SHINE on any Christmas Tree! Want a different color star? We can make them for you, just ask! Start shopping for supplies at www.craftsuppliesforless.com.
Please comment below and tell us what you think. We would love to hear from you!