Make adorable Candy Cane Ornaments with Pony Beads, Chenille Stems, & Faceted Beads! Perfect for group, classroom, & sunday school crafts! Simple, Inexpensive, & Fun to make! Ornaments can be reused year after year and look amazing on any Christmas tree!
- Red Pony Beads
- White Pony Beads
- Red Faceted Beads
- White Chenille Stems
- Low Temp Glue Gun
- Optional: Tri-Beads instead of Pony Beads
Directions for Making Candy Cane Ornaments:
1) Cut 12″ White Chenille Stems in half (6″ pieces).
2) Using a Low Temp Glue Gun, attach a Red Faceted Bead to the end of the White Chenille Stem.
3) Begin adding White and Red Pony Beads to Chenille Stem.
5) Finally, bend into the shape of a candy cane. That’s it. No hooks, ribbon, or drying time needed and they last for years!
Making with Tri-Beads:
Follow the same directions above, just use 2) Tri-Beads instead of 1 pony bead. Each Tri-Bead Candy Cane requires a 6″ White Chenille Stem, 2 Red Faceted Beads, 22) Red Tri-Beads, & 24) Clear Tri-Beads (to make as shown here).
Kids will love decorating the tree with these candy canes! If you let your toddler hang them, they will all be around the bottom & most likely there will be several per branch. It’s pretty funny. Or if you have a creative daughter (like me), she will have to make them with her favorite colors and in her own creative pattern…
Find Candy Cane Ornament Kits at: www.craftsuppliesforless.com