Don’t you just love it when your Christmas Tree sparkles under the lights??? Here is another Sparkly Ornament Idea! Make Sparkling Glitter Gem Ornaments with Clear Glass Gems, Glitter, Jewelry Bails, E6000, & Sheer Ribbon! It is easy, fun, and inexpensive to make!
Directions for Making Glitter Glass Gem Ornaments:
1) Clean both sides of Clear Glass Gems and place face down on folded copy paper.
2) Cover entire flat side (back of gem) with Diamond Glaze Adhesive. We found it easy to just apply right from the bottle. Make sure to cover entire back of gem with a very thin layer of Diamond Glaze.
3) Sprinkle lots of glitter (color of your choice) on the back of gem. Cover very well. We left the gems covered with glitter for awhile so they could dry.
5) Let dry completely. With a small amount of E6000, attach a Jewelry Bail to each Gem.
6) Once the E6000 is completely dry, attach a 10″ piece of Sheer Ribbon for hanging. Thread though Jewelry Bail and tie.
We originally attempted to make this Glitter Ornament with Elmer’s Glue and Glitter. However, the Elmer’s Glue didn’t dry clear. The Diamond Glaze covers the back of the gem with a nice thin coat, the glitter attached to it much thicker, and the coverage was much better.
- Cut the sheer ribbon longer and make into a necklace! Make sure to cover the glitter on back with an additional coat of Diamond Glaze before wearing.
- Instead of Jewelry Bails, attach a 3/4″ Ceramic Magnet on back for a Sparkling Refrigerator Magnets!
- Add a Black Script Letter Sticker for family initials.