It’s FINALLY snowing outside!!! Here are a couple of fun Snowman Magnet ideas. They are the perfect winter craft!
Make snowman magnets with white foam circle shapes, buttons, rhinestones, ribbon, nail polish, a 1/2″ Adhesive Craft Magnet Roll, & Glue Dots!
- Foam White Circles (1 1/2, 1 3/4, & 2″)
- 1/2″ Adhesive Craft Magnet Roll
- Mini Glue Dots
- Black Foam Stocking SHAPES
- Black 7mm Rhinestones
- Black 2mm Craft Foam
- White 6mm Craft Foam
- Nail Polish
- Black Ultra Fine Sharpie
Directions for Making Upside Down Snowman Magnet:
1) Cut a 4″ piece of 1/2″ Adhesive Craft Magnet.
2) Lay out all 3 sizes of white foam circles (1 1/2, 1 3/4, & 2″). Slightly overlap the 1 3/4″ circle on the 2″ circle. Trace overlapped edge.
3) Cut out traced area. Then repeat steps 2 & 3 with the 1 1/2″ circle overlapped on the 1 3/4″ circle.
4) Peel adhesive backing from 4″ Craft Magnet & attach 2″ foam circle at the end.
5) Continue by adding the 1 3/4″ middle circle and then finally the 1 1/2″ circle on the top. Place circles close together. Here is what the front and back should look like.
6) Now it is time to add the Black Boots. Simply add a Mini Glue Dot to the top of each boot & attach to the 2″ foam circle.
7) Use Mini Glue Dots to add Black Buttons.
9) Paint Snowman face using Black & Orange Nail Polish. We found that nail polish worked best and provided a 3D finish.
10) Last but not least, after nail polish dries, attach a 7″ piece of Red Velvet Ribbon for a scarf with Mini Glue Dots!
Finished Upside Down Snowman Magnet
Directions for Snowman Magnet with Hat & Arms:
1) Cut a 5″ piece of 1/2″ Adhesive Craft Magnet. Then follow Steps 1-4 above. Make sure to leave adhesive magnet at the top for the hat!
2) With a 1 1/2 x 2″ piece of Black 2mm Craft Foam, cut a the black hat.
3) Attach hat to top of snowman magnet.
4) Attach 3) 7mm Black Rhinestones with Mini Glue Dots to 1 3/4″ Circle.
5) Attach Black Boot SHAPES to 2″ circle with Mini Glue Dot. See Step 6 (above).
6) Attach 7″ piece of Orange Grosgrain Ribbon for Scarf with Mini Glue Dots. It takes 2) Mini Glue Dots to add ribbon.
7) Attach Brown Foam Arms with Mini Glue Dots. It take only 1) Mini Glue Dot per arm. Glue to the back of 1 3/4″ foam circle (shown below).
- The only drying time for this project was for the nail polish. However, it took less than 30 minutes for the 1st coat to dry.
- Re-apply the nail polish to add more dimension.
- Use 5mm Black Sticky Back Rhinestones for eyes and smile instead of nail polish.
- Cut small orange carrot nose from 2mm Craft Foam and attach with Mini Glue Dot.
- For a smaller snowman magnet, use 1, 1 1/2, and 1 3/4″ white foam circles.
Post a comment below and we will email you a coupon good towards supplies to make these great Snowman Magnets!