These Fall Magnets are easy to make, inexpensive, and great for FALL crafts and gifts. The perfect classroom or Sunday School Craft. Made from inexpensive Foam Shapes, Buttons, and Ceramic Magnets. No cutting required with pre-cut foam shapes! Add sparkle to these magnets by painting the foam shapes with Glitter Nail Polish. Then, a splash of color with Sharpie Markers. Attach the layers of foam with Glue Dots (for an instant strong bond and no drying time). Lastly, use a Glue Dot to attach a Large Thin Ceramic Magnet to the back. Kids will love to make these for parents, teachers, family members, & friends!
- Assorted Fall Foam Shapes (Apples, Maple Leaves, Acorns, Pumpkins)
- Foam Square Shapes
- Craft Buttons
- 1/2″ & Mini Glue Dots
- Large Thin Ceramic Magnets
- Sharpie Markers
- Glitter Nail Polish
Directions for Making Fall Magnets:
1) The only drying time needed is for the polish, so begin by painting the foam shapes and square frames that you would like to sparkle with glitter nail polish. If adding glitter polish to the Square Foam Frames, only the edge of the back square needs polish. You don’t need to paint the entire square because the smaller square will be attached to the top. The polish dries in about 15-20 minutes.
2) While the polish is drying, add a little color to the other foam shapes with Sharpie Markers. You can experiment with lines, dots, the year, etc. Be creative!
3) Attach the 1 1/2″ square to the 2″ Foam Square with a 1/2″ Craft Glue Dot. Flip foam over and attach a Large Thin Ceramic Magnet with a Glue Dot as well. FYI: We used the Large Thin Ceramic Magnets because they are strong and can hold additional papers or photos on the frig. If you are making these magnets for Sunday School and need to save money on supplies, you can use a 1″ Adhesive Craft Magnet (thin peel and stick magnets). Please note: the adhesive craft magnets will not be strong enough to hold additional items.
4) Check to make sure the polish is dry on the pumpkin, acorn, leaf, and apple foam shapes. If it’s dry, attach the Foam Shapes to the top of the center Square with a 1/2″ Glue Dot. Next, add a small craft button to the center of the foam apple (pumpkin, leaf, etc) shape with a Mini Glue Dot.
5) That’s it! We made these apple, maple leaf, pumpkin, and acorn magnets in less than 25 minutes. Time to give these as fall gifts or sell them at your local craft fair!
We have all the Foam Shapes you need! Find Apple, Pumpkin, Acorn, Fall Leaf, & Square Shapes at: www.craftsuppliesforless.com.
Please tell us what you think by leaving a comment below. Also, we would love to see your creations! Share pics at: www.facebook.com/craftsuppliesforless