We all know that money doesn’t grow on trees, however, no one ever said that Hearts couldn’t! If they did, this Heart Tree is sure to prove them wrong… Each tree branch features Small Foam Heart Shapes and Buttons. We used Glue Dots to secure the shapes & buttons, which means there is no drying time or messy glue needed. Add a ceramic magnet (with a Glue Dot as well) to the back and you’ll end up with a great Heart Magnet to keep or give away. However you decide to use these, they are sure to be a hit with kids of all ages at your next craft event!
- Foam Tree Trunk Shapes
- 1″ Heart Shapes
- Small Buttons
- Baker’s Twine
- 4×5″ Foam Rectangles
- Mini & Craft Glue Dots
- Small Thin Ceramic Magnets
Directions for Making Heart Trees:
2. Attach Tree Trunk Shape to a 4×5″ White Foam Rectangle Shape with Mini Glue Dots. Press to secure tree to foam rectangle.
3. Begin attaching the Hearts “leaves” to the branches in any order you would like. Simply attach foam heart shape to a 1/2″ Glue Dot and press onto the tree branch.
4. We used 16) Hearts as leaves on the branches and 2) “falling” leaves by the tree trunk for a total of 18) Heart Shapes to make this Heart Tree.
5. Now it’s time to add the Buttons to the heart shapes! Simply press the buttons onto Mini Glue Dots and then press onto the center of the hearts.
6. Flip over and add a Small Thin Ceramic Magnet to the back of the foam rectangle. Use a 1/2″ Craft Glue Dot to attach the magnet to the foam.
That’s it! No drying time. No mess. Just plain, simple, and fun for kids to make. These are a great “Make & Take” craft!
Find Hearts, Trees, Buttons & Everything you need for these Heart Trees at: www.craftsuppliesforless.com/heart-tree.html
We would love to hear from you! Post a comment below. You can also find us on Pinterest and Facebook~